Sun, Jan 01|
SOLD OUT!! New Year's Day Meditation & Sound Bath
Bring in the New Year with a fortified and grounded body and mind. We'll spend time reflecting on 2022 and planting seeds of intention for 2023, and seal our intentions with the vibrations of a sound bath.
Time & Location
Jan 01, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
SOL Yoga, 200 Lake Washington Blvd #101, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
About the event
What better way to welcome the New Year than in stillness and community? Join me for a meditation and sound bath on New Year's Day. We'll spend time reflecting on 2022 and planting seeds of intention for 2023, and seal our intentions with the vibrations of a sound bath.
What to Bring:
Please bring a yoga mat (a blanket will be fine if you don't have a yoga mat), pillow, blanket, water and whatever else you may need for your comfort (extra blankets, eye pillow, bolster, etc). We will be lying down for the majority of our experience together. Chairs will be available for those who prefer not to lie down. A limited number of bolsters and blankets will be available.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing - sweatpants, leggings, t-shirts, and sweatshirts are just fine! Dress with your comfort in mind. We will remove our shoes. Please note that we will be in a heated yoga studio.
Flow of Events:
- We'll start with a grounding practice, welcome and check-in to create the space for our community
- We'll spend time reflecting on 2022 and visioning for 2023 (through a writing exercise)
- Then we'll move into a breathing exercise together
- Finish with a sound bath
- Conclude and close the circle
What is a Sound Bath?
In general, a sound bath is a meditative experience where those in attendance are “bathed” in the healing vibration of sound waves. These waves are produced by various sources, including metal and crystal singing bowls, percussion, chimes, rattles, other instruments and even the human voice itself. For this experience, I will mostly be using metal and crystal singing bowls.
- As of March 1, 2022, the vaccine verification requirement is no longer in effect in King County
- Masks are optional. Disposable masks will be supplied if you do not have one.
- Two (2) medical grade air purifiers will be in use during the event
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- Participants will be asked to wash their hands upon entering the event space
If possible, please arrive up to 15 minutes early so that you can sign in, get situated just how you'd like, and spend a moment in "Earth Mama," my big grounding bowl that you step in to help settle your body down and prepare for the experience.
New Year's Day Sound Bath